Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Brave New World by Matt Forbeck

I had a great talk with Matt at Gen Con one year. At the time I was not familiar with his books, or his Delta setting. Amazing how similar in huge ways the Brave New Word and it's Delta's are akin to my 'next wave/Bolt's World' setting. Specifically in it's fluffy/PI elements. No wonder me and Matt hit it off. Bolt's World is a champions/hero system setting and pan dimensionally nearer to each other than the either of them are to Marvel Verse or the DCU. Next time I see him I should ask if he read the Ultraverse. Prime and the Freaks were a huge inspiration to me as I was developing Bolt's World. Brave New World even uses an Alpha throug Delta descriptor for their Super Humans, even though their Delta is more like my Gamma (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) and my Delta would be more like an Epsilon as in Bolt's World there are regular Williams out there with the 'super human power' to create a matchstick strength spark, and no more.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment